Episode 4 kicked off asking, “Did anyone else have a panic attack the day before they turned 30?” I’m hosting this special episode celebrating lessons I’ve learned since turning 30 as well as my recent birthday.
These are my reflections of my 20s and what I’ve learned in my early 30s.
Shared some big accomplishments before I turned 30.
I’ve had 4 different careers by the time I turned 30.
**Honor what you do have, not what you don’t.
How you feel in your personal life mirrors how you feel in your business life.
Things you can do to move yourself forward:
- Define your own success.
- Clap for yourself.
- Appreciate your support system
What does priority mean to you?
Lessons I’ve learned from my 20s:
- Cherish people who do what they can do to support you.
- Don’t let people dictate your time.
- Can’t pop off at the mouth at everyone.
- Don’t give more than what they ask for, if they ask for something give just that; if they ask for business advice send an invoice.
- Don’t live for other people’s expectations.
- People treat you in business how you allow them to.
How staying mentally healthy affects your emotionally/financially.
Read the book: Circle of Fire
Ways to help you mentally detox:
- Therapy (I used EFT therapy)
Frustration stops creativity and productivity.
Check out how you can support my trip to Haiti and get your seat for HAAB’s Bootcamp.
Unclutter your mind so you can live the life you want to live.
Final toast- Take life 1 moment at a time. Enjoy it. Embrace the moments.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss an episode.
About Vernetta R. Freeney:
Truth Confidant who is an outspoken Introvert Blogger, Podcaster, Speaker, TV Host & Organizer for the Houston African American Bloggers Association. MavsNation. Netflix Connoisseur.