You’ll learn more about the upcoming Powerhouses United Conference on November 12. And you’ll also learn more about my service vacation to Haiti in September. I also bring up HAAB’s Bootcamp that takes place on August 6.
4 Reasons why your dream is still deferred:
- You didn’t want to give up income from your 9-5
- Your industry is heavily regulated
- There is a steep learning curve
- You need money to open
Dust your dream off. Don’t let it sit another day.
Jobs are not always secure, however, everyone isn’t an entrepreneur.
4 things to know when you go after your dream:
- Find supplemental income to help offset costs.
- Know what your work ethic is.
- Read the fine print on all contracts BEFORE signing.
- Know when to bend your principle to accomplish your goal.
5 ways to stay focused on getting to your dream:
- Be clear on your client
- Don’t worry about starting small
- Perfect your systems
- Don’t worry about how/what your competition is doing
- Find your secret sauce in your industry (either revolutionize or innovate within your industry)
3 ways to ease into your dream:
- Read Blue Ocean Strategy to help you create your own space.
- Feed your soul. Have something that is outside of your business that expands you.
- Sometimes you need to take space for yourself to breathe. This helps you to focus.
3 reasons to take your dream off the shelf:
- Your dream is bigger than you. It should scare you. People are waiting for your dream to help them.
- Prepare for the mental and financial aspect of dream. *The biggest upset of your dream will be emotional. You can’t allow the mental, emotional or financial aspect of what you are meant to do, stop you from doing it. Find a way.
- Track as you go. Journal every day your emotions, your business finances and the activity you did. This helps you know what’s working and what’s not when you look back weeks or months later.
Final Toast- Don’t mimic your competition. Reevaluate your dream.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss an episode.
Brandy is an educator, author & entrepreneur! She owns Imagine Me Academy& Powerhouses United, a co. that help others achieve their biz and career goals!